Npc problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights of The Force Forum Index -> Knights of the Force (Help Center) View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote  

when i select what npc i want to spawn the npc/add remove window closes as normal but no npc? some of them work though but some of them dont :'(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote  

What NPC's can't you spawn?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote  

when i had that problem i couldn't spawn anything but 501th trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote  

UnderOATH wrote:
with the latest JKA patch. Is there a KOTF patch i need to install or something?

YOu don't need the Patch. KotF is already updated when installed! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote  

i cant spawn any battle droid any clone and loads of others the list is big and i cant remember them all and vito how did you fix your problem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote  

on the giant list of NPC's that you can spawn where on that menu is just normal storm troopers, i can only see sand troopers!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote  

jak13 wrote:
on the giant list of NPC's that you can spawn where on that menu is just normal storm troopers, i can only see sand troopers!

You can choose normal Stormtroopers in the NPCs-list (ingame) at the bottom.

You dont have to choose them over the menu, because they are already in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote  

well i found out that i can only spawn the npc's i start off with (the ones that are already there before you us npc add/remove). its like the text is changing but the files arent. can anyone help ?

yes
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote  

[quote="Jordan"]well i found out that i can only spawn the npc's i start off with (the ones that are already there before you us npc add/remove). its like the text is changing but the files arent. can anyone help ?[/quote]

Answer: when in KOTF not all npcs able to spawn go in the folder KOTF/singleplayer and then in folderoptions. change that systemfolders and so on are able to see then, there will be an folder calls ext_data.
go in this folder and then in the next folder "kotfnpcbackup".
there are many datas (npc_data) from the npcs.
open one and copy the text in the data from the folder "npcs"(also in the ext_data-folder)

this data calls "newcharacters" do all textes from "kotfnpcbackup" in this text-data save and start the game....
then you can spawn all npcs.

I hope that can help you.....
so I fixed the problem by me...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote  

i just tried this and it now says too many npc's when i get into the game so i guess ill have to delete some charaters from the newcharacters file. so every time i want different npc's to spawn a guess ill have to change the newcharacters file every time Sad

and can everyone tell me there exact steps when they installed the game like
ran the exe, clicked on news and options made blood on, protect off etc, pressed the kotf logo to go back, went on singleplayer, played the game, exited. started again selected singleplayer then npc add/remove selected a few characters SLOWLY the npc max limit came up clicked ok went on kotf used add/remove on main menu selected a kotf map pressed n for npc's spawned my npc's

please do this for me also mention if u restarted ur pc before use Very Happy maybye this will help me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quote  

Freeedy143 wrote:
Jordan wrote:
well i found out that i can only spawn the npc's i start off with (the ones that are already there before you us npc add/remove). its like the text is changing but the files arent. can anyone help ?

Answer: when in KOTF not all npcs able to spawn go in the folder KOTF/singleplayer and then in folderoptions. change that systemfolders and so on are able to see then, there will be an folder calls ext_data.
go in this folder and then in the next folder "kotfnpcbackup".
there are many datas (npc_data) from the npcs.
open one and copy the text in the data from the folder "npcs"(also in the ext_data-folder)

this data calls "newcharacters" do all textes from "kotfnpcbackup" in this text-data save and start the game....
then you can spawn all npcs.

I hope that can help you.....
so I fixed the problem by me...

I'm having the same problem, but when I try to fix it like you said no ext_data folder appears. I go into tools, folder options, view, then check display contents of system folders and sometimes more than just that, but nothing appears. Can you give me a further explanation? thanx.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote  

i had this problem at first what you have to do is untick the box that says hide protected operating system files then you will see them. if that doesnt work close the folder and open the folder again then it should work Wink also in the newcharacters file the characters in there are the ones you can spawn but if you put any more in there will be too many npc's so you have to replace each one for the ones ou want to spawn.

example: on npc add/remove you select aurra sing,general grievous, anakin epIII light then you delete all the text in the newcharacters file and put ONLY those characters you've selected in it so everytime you change the npc's in npc add/remove you have to change the newcharacters file. It's abit complicated and a pain but it works

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote  

hmmm... I think you should do it like Jordan says... Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote  

is the newcharacters file supposed to change by itself when you select new npc's from npc add/remove menu?? Can everyone who's npc's work go into kotf singleplayer folder select folder options and show all files including unticking the hide preotced system files and go in ext data then npc then open newcharacters file in notepad (better explanation above somewhere in another post) and tell me the npc names in there and also use the npc add/remove and change your npc's then loook at the newcharacters file agai to see if it hs changed to those npcs thank you Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote  

Jordan wrote:
i had this problem at first what you have to do is untick the box that says hide protected operating system files then you will see them. if that doesnt work close the folder and open the folder again then it should work Wink also in the newcharacters file the characters in there are the ones you can spawn but if you put any more in there will be too many npc's so you have to replace each one for the ones ou want to spawn.

example: on npc add/remove you select aurra sing,general grievous, anakin epIII light then you delete all the text in the newcharacters file and put ONLY those characters you've selected in it so everytime you change the npc's in npc add/remove you have to change the newcharacters file. It's abit complicated and a pain but it works
It worked thank you so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights of The Force Forum Index -> Knights of the Force (Help Center)

Page 2 of 4